Oh Hi, Medium!
My name’s Amber and you’ve found my profile page. Last updated on April 14, 2021.
A Little About Me
I’m a thirtysomething freelance writer and blogger with aspirations of becoming a journalist. I adore travel, languages, deep conversations, black coffee, and red wine. Outside of writing, I love to draw, paint, play music, and care for my plant babies. I live in Colorado with my wonderful partner.
I’ve been a writer on Medium since September 2020, and I’ve been featured in publications such as Curious, Wholistique, and An Injustice! I am also the owner and editor of The Juicy Life— a space for telling stories, sharing experiences, and inspiring each other to live more boldly and juice-fully.
Here’s an About piece I wrote that gives a little more background on me and my writerly mission. I love hearing from readers, so always feel free to leave comments or reach out to me directly!
What I Write About
Mental health. Psychology. Spirituality. Philosophy. Relationships. Health and wellness. Self-improvement. People. Society. Poetry. Stories. And practically anything else that tickles my fancy.
What I’m Up To These Days
- Taking a short hiatus from Medium as my freelance business has been picking up (I’ll be back soon, though!)
- Preparing to start a master’s program in journalism this summer (Yes! It’s happening!!)
- Learning about finding the right work-life balance
- Running a mastermind group with a couple of excellent Medium writers I know
- Keeping up with running a few times per week
- Celebrating getting our first round of COVID shots!
- Teaching myself how to bake French macarons (they’re wickedly hard but a blast to make)
- Getting set up for our first-ever beehive in our backyard (our Italian honeybees arrive on May 2!)
- Trying my damnedest to keep my plants alive (I knew I planted them too soon…)
- Making travel plans for the next few months (mostly road trips; maybe we’ll hop on a plane at some point)
- Getting ready for a puppy this summer!!! (OMG. We’re getting a Corgi. I can’t even contain myself!)
Work With Me
I offer a variety of freelance services, and I’m actively working on expanding my offerings even further. Here are some of the ways I can support you or your brand:
- Blog article writing
- E-book writing
- Translation (I am proficient in Spanish and French and can translate from those languages into English)
Get In Touch
For more information about my freelance offerings, please visit my website or email me at amber [at] aecwrites [dot] com. I’d love to discuss how we can work together.
Most Recent Articles on Medium
6 Mindfulness Techniques for Non-Meditators
Meditation is one of many pathways to a mindful life, and it’s not everyone’s jam.
The Beauty of Being a Late Bloomer
Instead of rushing through life, take the time you need to discover your true path.